The SFX demo focuses on bringing a convergent streaming experience to Clear Channel/SFX. These web pages will push content
to a user who is witnessing video content on an SFX or Clear Channel site. Content may include ads, promotions,
games, e-commerce opportunities, as well as artist information such as concert info, fan club info, biography info and news.
ACTV will create a platform that will allow Clear Channel/SFX to easily create template and database driven content.
- Internet Explorer 5 or higher
- Windows Media Player 7 or higher
- You do NOT need an internet connection - this demo runs locally
To start the demo, go to the CD's root directory. Load the page index.html into version IE5 or better.
Click on the "Enter" button. If you don't see an "Enter" button, you may have to update your browser software.
This button will spawn a new window that is appropriately sized for the demo. It may take a few seconds to load.
When fully loaded, you will see an "SFX - It's Better Live" ad in the upper left-hand corner and a "U2 - Live at Irving
Plaza" piece of content in the bottom section. The video will start to play automatically. You can start and stop the
video simply by clicking on the video itself. You also can use the video player's navigation buttons.
The screen is broken into 5 main sections.
- Title Bar (top) - This the where major branding would go or a banner ad.
- Table of contents (middle left) - This is the list of defined chapters within the video. The user can jump to any part of the video that they are interested in.
- Video (middle middle, next to TOC)- This is where the video player steams the video.
- Push (right middle, next to video) - As the video plays, content will get displayed in this section
- Drilldown (bottom) - As the content gets displayed to the push section, it will often have links within it that can be clicked for additional information. The drilldown content will show up in the drilldown section.
Types of Content
- Informational - Standard content pushes
- Informational with more available (drill down) - Standard content pushes with more information available via a link
- eCommerce Opportunity - Content push includes a link to buy something
- Interactive - Content push asks user for information
- Ad - Content push is an Ad from a sponsor - this content could be clickable
The user can jump to any chapter by using the Table of Contents to the left of the video
Chapter 0 - The Beginning
- SFX Advertisement created in Flash (Ad) - sfxad2.html
Chapter 1 - Arrival at Irving Plaza
- Information about the venue - Irving Plaza (Info) - irving_plaza.html
- What other users had to say about U2 or the concert (Info) - userfeedback.html
- Information of Ad for the local radio station Z100 (Ad/Info) - radionet.html
Chapter 2 - "Beautiful Day" on stage
- This is another version of the same discography reference; offers user the ability to purchase the CD the song is from. (info/eCommerce) - all_that_you_cant.html
- Today in music history (info) - 1999.html
- People who like U2 also like…Offers an opportunity for more info and eCommerce (drilldown) - collaborative.html
Chapter 3 - Bono Speaks
- Polling Question (interactive) - pqcdcollect.html
- Coke Cola Ad created in Flash (ad) - cokead.html
- Today in music history (info) - 1943.html
Chapter 4 - "Mysterious Ways" on stage
- This push is synched with the concert footage of the video; offers user the ability to purchase the CD the song is from. (info/eCommerce) - discoref2.html
- This push offers information about U2's tour and the ability to drill down and purchase tickets (drilldown/eCommerce) - tourdates.html
- What other users had to say about U2 or the concert (Info) - userfeedback2.html
Chapter 5 - Bono speaks again
- Polling Question (interactive) - pqlivemusic.html
- This is a straight eCommerce opportunity (eCommerce) - item_1.html
- Today in music history (info) - 1970.html
Chapter 6 - "I Will Follow" on stage
- This push is synched with the concert footage of the video; offers user the ability to purchase the CD the song is from. (info/eCommerce) - discoref3.html
- This push offers a Doritos ad with a drill down element. The drill down will allow the user to play a game for about 20 seconds.
- This push offers more concert info from the Venue - In this case concerts over the next month at Irving Plaza and the ability to purchase tickets for them (drilldown/eCommerce) - concert.html
Chapter 7 - "Desire" on stage
- This push is synched with the concert footage of the video; offers user the ability to purchase the CD the song is from. (info/eCommerce) - discoref4.html
- This push offers the user the opportunity to join U2's fan club (drilldown) - join.html
- Today in music history (info) - 1997.html
Chapter 8 - The End
- Completes with an SFX ad (ad) - sfxad2.html